Why go there? Because it is the cradle of the Renaissance. Why choose Chianti? Because of its stupendous landscapes and its protected environment.
When to go? In spring, summer or autumn. Where to go? In one of the most romantic historic hotel! How to get there? By plane (there are many airports) and by car.
WHY GO TO TUSCANY NEXT YEAR?
Tuscany, with its magnificent countryside and its stupendous Renaissance cities, like Florence, is indeed a wonderful place to visit again and again. Its mild climate, relaxed pace and unspoiled nature offer a great holiday. Staying in a historic Palace in Florence or a historic Villa also adds an extra excitement to the experience.
WHY CHOOSE CHIANTI?
Chianti is located in the center of Tuscany, between Florence, Siena and San Gimignano. A series of hills, villages where time stands still, fortresses, churches and hamlets: a spectacular landscape rich not only in beauty and history but also in a unique culinary tradition that have made this region famous worldwide.
WHEN TO GO THERE?
The region, in the Mediterranean climate zone, is pleasant anytime of the year, but spring is superb with trees and flowers in full bloom, summer is the time of superb sunflowers or wheat fields, autumn, the harvest season, gives stupendous colors to the marvelous landscapes.
WHERE TO STAY?
In Villa le Barone , of course, an ecologically sound boutique charm hotel, in a protected countryside location, between Florence Sienna and San Gimignano, where you will find:
- Beautiful gardens with stunning views of the Tuscan hills, olive trees and typical Mediterranean shrubs and flowers.
An heated infinity pool in travertine marble.
- Rooms individually decorated, with antique furniture and paintings.
- Various lounges to read and relax, with superb bouquets of flowers from our cutting garden in the Villa.
- For sport amateurs: a tennis court, free mountain bikes, fitness room and fitness trail.
- For explorers: hiking and car itineraries to discover Chianti out of the beaten track.
- For gourmets: Traditional Tuscan dinners prepared with fresh local fruits and vegetables (vegan are possible) served in the restaurant or on the terrace in the greenery. As well as light lunches served on the terrace in front of the Villa or near by the pool.
- For wine amateurs: Chianti wines to taste and savor, and possibly visit of wineries.
- A wonderful staff who will help you for you to spend wonderful holidays.
And a charging station for electric vehicles!
HOW TO GET THERE?
By plane to Pisa or Florence. By train from various cities in Italy, including Milan and Rome. Get around by bus, train or, better, rent a car.