Tuscany is a paradise for photographers, Tuscan photographs are worldwide famous and this is why our charm hotel in Tuscany’s countryside organizes each year a photograph competition, the results of which for 2013 have just been unveiled.
Tuscany is known to offer great photography possibilities with its stunning landscapes and its typical medieval and renaissance villages, appealing to photographers after appealing to painters. Our historic hotel located in the Chianti countryside, but close to the main Renaissance art cities and in the midst of typical hamlets, is a paradise for photographers. To recognize their talent, our countryside hotel Villa le Barone organizes each year a photograph competition, the first prize of which being a 2 nights stay at hotel Villa le Barone, the second prize a 1 night stay and the next 10 others a bottle of Chianti Classico.
We received many entries, as usual, and the jury members had a very difficult task to select the winners!
This year the jury members were:
- Angélique Droessaert, Artistic Photography, www.adartphoto.com;
- Blanche de Crepy, Director, Tectona www.tectona.net;
- Chantal Nedjib, Founder, communication agency “L’image par l’image”, www.chantal-nedjib.com;
- Mitch Freedman, winner of the photo competition 2012, architect;
- Robin Calderon, Painter, robincalderon.com
And the winners are:
2 nights at Villa le Barone in 2014:
David and Jackie Sherwood, for the overall quality of their submission, showing the poetry of Villa le Barone
1 night at Villa le Barone in 2014: ex equo:
Chris Fulton, in particular for his pictures: “Unusual weather on the Piazza del Campo, Siena “ and “A winery in the Chianti Classico”, Anthony Prisco, in particular for his pictures of “Stone walls and roses in Villa le Barone” and “Looking through the gate of Villa le Barone”
1 Dinner in Villa le Barone in 2014 o 2015 :
Gerald Beck, a special mention for his picture « the doors of Villa le Barone »
1 Bottle of Chianti Classico to drink in Villa le Barone in 2014 o 2015
– Dustin Pizzo, for his picture of Villa le Barone’s bar
– John Mills, for his picture of the bird on the pole “Divieto di Caccia” (Hunting forbidden).
– Danielle Vandeuren for her entire diverse submission
– Lois Durrant, in particular for his pictures of Siena and Florence
– Janet Bowne, in particular for her picture of San Leolino
– Solène Trahand, for her picture of Villa le Barone’s bench
– Diana Wasson, for her picture of the San Leolino Church
– Christina Minniti, for her picture of the cellar
– Jacob Grainger, for his picture of Villa le Barone’s lounge
– Dina Johannemann, for her picture of the Chianti Black Rooster on a loggia at Villa le Barone
– Christina and John De Metro
Congratulations to all our photographers who have illustrated so well the Tuscan landscape and our hotel. The Photo competition in our paradise for photographers is also taking place in 2014