For ideal vacations, the best is to combine guided art tours in Tuscany with a wonderful relaxation break in a countryside hotel.
Book now our special offer “Art tours and relaxation in Tuscany”. Also enjoy the art quiz below!
Don’t bother booking your tickets for the Uffizi museum or the Academia yourself: Villa le Barone can do it for you. We can also hire for you a wonderful guide who will make you discover (or rediscover) the key artworks of in the museums… and after a full day in Florence, you will be happy to come back to the quietness of the countryside, and get moments of relaxation on Villa le Barone’s terraces, admiring the spectacular Tuscan landscape.
And to prepare yourself for those perfect holidays, respond to the quiz below on the “lighter sides of Tuscan culture…Do you know why…”
- Michelangelo’s David’s right arm seems abnormally long and large?
…because the statue was supposed to be located in a church at a height such that the laws of perspective would make it look exactly perfect.
- There is a small hidden window overlooking the large room “ Salone dei 500” in Plazzo Vecchio?
… because it was from there, a dressing room, that Bianca Capello, first the mistress and then the wife of Francesco I de Medici, could observe the meetings and subsequently advise her husband.
- The evening dresses of the Medici princess where weighed before and after the ball?
…in order to be sure that none of the gems and precious stones which adorned the fabric had been lost or torn away during a dance.
- Many Florentine palaces have often at street level a small window with a lock?
…from there wine would be sold to passers-by in the street.
- There is a passage on top of Palazzo Vecchio?
…it’s called the “Corridoio Vasariano” and was a corridor, decorated by Vasari, allowing the Medicis to get to work (from Palazzo Pitti to Palazzo Vecchio, above the Ponte Vecchio) avoiding rain, sleet … and the knives of their political opponents.
- There is a recipe called “Beans Birdie Style” (Fagioli all’uccelletto)?
…as a substitute for meat- since meat was expensive- one would cook beans, but with the same recipe as for small birds … without the birds! Simple, insn’t it? It’s still very tasty today!
- It’s the right time to book your holiday at Villa le Barone?
… because it’s a piece of heaven as shortly and rightly described just last night by a Guest after a good dinner with a glass of Chianti!